Wednesday, July 17, 2013

If You Say You Like Cleaning, You're Lying.

Okay everyone, listen up!  Who likes to clean?

Ummmm... for those of you who answered 'yes,' close out of this right now, walk to the bathroom, and rinse your own mouth out with soap.  For lying.  In my 31 3/4 years of life (with a birthday coming up next month, I'm hanging on to 31 as long as possible), I've never met anyone who has said they like to clean.

The only part of 'cleaning' I actually enjoy doing is laundry.  Yes, call me crazy, I like doing laundry (but no ironing.... Thank God my husband was in the military).  But as for the dusting, mopping, sink/shower/toilet scrubbing, baseboard wiping, window cleaning, I despise it.  ALL of it.  But, since I don't have a magic little fairy that lives in my closet, I am the one who waves the wand is responsible for keeping our household a dust-free, non-germ infested palace.

Let me preface this blog by saying VERY rarely will you ever read of me boasting about products.  Sure, I may share some of my personal favorites, but to actually use a whole blog to talk about a product is very unlike me.  So as you read, I don't want you to think my blog is becoming some advertisement piece to sell various products.  But, as I am sure we all agree, anytime we can make the cleaning process go faster without spending a ton of money, we'd be interested.  And in fact, when you find out you can actually save money, make a better living environment for your family, and still have just as clean of a house, then you're even more interested right?

I recently was invited to a home party for a company called Norwex.  My friend 'E' invited me to her party telling me the party was about learning to clean with these 'magic cloths' or so she said.  So, out of friendship, I went to her home party to be supportive.  I thought for sure there would be something fairly cheap that I could purchase and probably never use, but I'd go to be supportive and that would be the end.  Wrong.

As the party opened up, we went around telling what our biggest cleaning challenges were.  As each person spoke about glass shower doors, dog drooled floors, and smeared up windows, each issue was addressed with a product from Norwex.  And not only were most of the products cloths, you were to use these clothes with just water to get the illuminating results.  That's right, cleaning with just cloths and water.  Simply put, the idea behind the company is to radically reduce the amount of toxic cleaning chemicals used within our housholds.  So the consultant went on to describe most of their cloths as being antibacterial and having silver in them.  That's when the light bulb went on.  Because, you see, the company I work for just recently picked up a new wound/incision dressing that is silver plated.  And as you look in medicine and the history of silver, it is known that there has been silver used over many, many years to help heal some of the hardest to heal wounds.  For all of you science gu-ru's out there, the dressing that I sell has multiple level-1 peer reviewed studies showing that the use of this silver plated dressing decreases infection rates. So, Norwex consultant, you're telling me there's silver in your cloths and I'm suppose to clean my house with nothing but this cloth and some water?.... I think you may be onto something, but tell me more.

So, as the home party progressed, she then held up a cloth and said "whoever is willing to take off their make-up here with this cloth and this cloth only, can have it for free."  Of course, guess who volunteered?  Yours truely.  'Yes, I'll take off my make-up for this free cloth, but I'm sure this cloth won't get all my make-up off and will leave me with racoon eyes...but I'll give it a whirl'.  Wrong again.  All it took was a little water and wiping and wha-la, make-up off and my face felt just as clean as if I had washed with soap and water.  And keep in mind, I wear a gel eye-liner from Bobbi Brown... not the easiest stuff to just wipe off.  So, at this point in the party I'm becoming a believer... but maybe only by 70%.  I mean, yes I was sold on the face cloth.  But you're still telling me I should clean my house with only a cloth and water?  Did you know that I have a 5 month old and that I'm a little OCD about the clean environment in which she lives in?  Did you also know that I have two little muts barking fur-friends too?  And did you know too that I have a husband that likes to bring tools in from the garage and lay them on my kitchen counter... the very same place I prepare our meals?  All of these things which require me to get the clorox wipes out and wipe down anything and everything that may have came into contact with any of the above said situations.  So, said Norwex consultant then took a piece of raw, yes RAW chicken and wiped it in an area on the countertop.  She then took a pharmaceutical protein swab and showed the area had been contaminated.  Next, she wiped the area just ONCE with the enviro cloth and re-swabbed.  CLEAN, the area was CLEAN, I kid you not.  She then took that same 'contaminated cloth' and wiped down another area of the counter and re-swabbed.  Clean again... showing that the nasty chicken bacteria had not been transferred.  Okay... now I'm sold.

As I spoke more with the consultant and looked more into the company, I began to realized how much we, as consumers, do flood our lives with toxic products.  We associate certain smells with being clean.  But, have you ever thought about what all those smells are doing to us?  Certainly something is creating that 'smell' so what it it?  Is it healthy?  Are these the reasons why today's population have more prevalant health issues to include allergies, GI issues, cancers, etc.  And are these products we're using really doing what they say they are doing?  I urge each and every one of you to go to this website which many of our household cleaning products are given a grade.  I think you'd be surprised at how many 'f's are given to very popular products which I myself have used.  And not only are we flooding our body with toxic chemicals, but how much money do we spend on cleaning supplies per year.  I saw one estimate that the average household spends about $600 on cleaning supplies per year to include:  mops, sprays, laundry detergent, dryer sheets and the list goes on and on.  So let me ask you again:  if you could reduce the amount of toxic chemicals used around your family, and save money, would you be interested?

Let me introduce you to Norwex.  The more I learned about this company, the more excited I got.  And the more ways I realized how I can do better things for my family both from a health and a financial standpoint.  And I became SO interested and motivated to make these changes within my own household, I decided to become a consultant myself.  I truly feel the products do sell themselves, and for being a person that sells stuff to make a living, I'm not the easiest person to convince.  I'd love to teach / tell anyone who is willing to listen more about Norwex and the wonderful products they offer.  I believe much of ones success in sales comes from honesty, so I'd be lying if I told you that I use everything of theirs exclusively.  But I am finding more ways than I could have ever imagined to better our living quarters, have a wonderfully clean home, and stay BELOW my budget.  If you'd like to know more, please feel free to contact me.  I'd love to help you create a clean and healthy environment for your own loved ones!

xoxo
JS

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Sign me up! Would love to learn more :)