Now, considering I LOVE music, and specifically country music, I felt is only right & necessary to write about last nights MAIN event. Oh yes, I'm talking about the 2011 CMA awards, held in the only other place in the U.S. I'd consider with no heavy heart relocating to.... Nashville.
Who better to watch the CMA's with (besides my 'Surgar' aka hubby) other than my girlfriends while at our 'dinner club' (just last night did we decide to make it a monthly date, have it be held at someone else's house every month, and call it nothing other than 'dinner club')? This is just a casual little evening of 5 girls chit-chatting during a nice relaxed dinner, and a little wine; two of the girls have 4 month old babies at home, so for them, I believe it may be 'allota wine'. But, whatever the case may be and however much is consumed, we were able to enjoy a bit of country music with some of Nashville's finest talent. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood do a phenomenal job as hosts and I loved all the guest appearances! How awesome was it that Lionel Richie was back on stage, his first awards show since 1986?! And my favorite appearance? None other than Little Jimmy Dickens! I love him... he's so stinkin' cute! A few years ago, I had the opportunity to attend the Grand Ol' Opry when he played/sang (and yes.... he is a VERY little guy!) and he was still singing to his little bride, Mona! He was all decked out in his rhinestone-studded outfit, boots, and hat... couldn't look much cuter! He's another person from a generation long before in which I would love to sit down and ask him lots of questions.... oh to know the things he has experienced. And... note, another place in Nashville I recommend going, the Grand Ol' Opry!
Lots of 'new stage talent', if you will, took home some big awards. Jason Aldean, The Band Perry etc.... all very well deserved! The awards show was able to mix old with new to give the audience a taste of great talent and people doing what they love! And even though I'm just another fan amongst 'all their fans'... Congratulations from this Kansas gal to all the winners down in Nashvegas... your talents never cease to amaze me and your lyrics remind my heart of the love for the country town I'm so happy in which I was raised!
Love,
Jacey
No comments:
Post a Comment