This afternoon, we'll be going to my mother/father-in-laws where we'll be enjoying the company of family, and grazing on heaping mounds of a delicious Thanksgiving feast. After we all sit down together and eat, we'll then get up and move to the couch, and eat again... probably a little dessert. After our tummies are all stuffed and when we think we can't eat another bite, we're off into, 'The Coma'. You all know what I'm talking about... that state of delirious head wobbling and fixed eyes. When everyone just sits around and is so full they just head nod, hand gesture, and grunt because no one can conjurer up enough oxygen to speak actual words. This would be due to the fact that their stomach has expanded to such a vast size that the diaphragm has now become concave and has therefore made everyone's lung capacity 1/4 of what is should be. Oh yes, this my friends, is The Coma. So, while The Coma sets in, look around the room. Eyes will start fluttering, heads bobbing, hands will become folded over ones stomachs and....their out. Off to Lala land. Pretty soon the snores begin and the room has now went from the banging and clanging of the dishes in the kitchen, to the sites and sounds of Thanksgiving Overload. And once everyone starts rising from The Coma, what's the next step? Oh, just to consume a few more calories because as you passed the dessert table while getting a drink for you dry 'Nap Mouth', you just couldn't pass and
I have so much to be thankful for, and as my list can go for miles, I'd like to take a moment to mention the few things at the top of my list:
I'm thankful for Hubs and for all he brings to my life. He wears many hats... Mr. Romance, Mr. Sunshine, Mr. Protector, Mr. Listener, Mr. Funny Guy, Mr. Fix-It-Man.... Life is never dull and I love it.
(Chiefs game - November 2011)
I'm thankful for my Family. Immediate, extended, and all my in-laws. Those that live near and far. I would not be the person I am today without their love, support, & guidance.
I'm thankful for my health. When it seems ever too often that someone you know has been stricken with cancer or a life altering illness, injured, or just can't seem to 'feel right', I'm thankful that I am able wake up, kiss Hubs, and jump out of bed everyday feeling like a spring chicken (okay... so maybe I have a few pops and cracks... but we won't be discussing this).
I'm thankful for my friends.... and that I do have some of the greatest friends. Both near and far, old and new. I love that I may not talk to some of these friends for weeks/months, but when we do speak, we're able to pick up right where we left off.
I'm thankful for our 24hr. watch that our soldiers both near and far, provide. I'm thankful for their service and dedication to this Great Nation. I'm thankful for the protection they provide and the freedom they defend. And for their families who so many times, spend these holidays without their loved ones, all for the sake of you and I.
(That cute young man on the left, that's Hubs just a 'few' years back.... in his solider days... just 20 years old)
I'm thankful for our furry little animals. They always make me feel wanted even if I did just leave and have go back into the house because I forgot my keys. And, on the rare occasion I do have a Kitchen Fail, they still make it seem like it may be the best thing they've ever eaten (if something happens to accidentally fall on the ground when Hubs is not around)
I'm thankful for the food on our table, the roof over our heads, and a warm house.
I'm thankful for wonderful neighbors.... The 'my kitchen is your kitchen' theme, when someone doesn't have a certain pan or a certain ingrediant. For the joys in the Christmas Light competition. For monthly neighbor gathers. And most of all, their friendships.
I'm thankful for my job. During a time when 'recession' & 'unemployment' seem to be normal topics in the news, I'm so thankful that I am able to work and have a job.
And most importantly, I know all these things are gifts from God above.
We all have so much to be thankful for. Look around, have you reminded yourself how good life really is... family, friends, freedom? We are all so blessed. Remember, it's all about the small things. Not how much you have, but Who you have. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. For those who are traveling, I pray that you make it to and from your destination safe and sound. Enjoy your time with all your loved ones, as no one is promised tomorrow.
Now, off to help Hubs.... he's wearing his Mr. Fix-It hat today. Since my B.C. (Betty Crocker) hat is off for the day, it looks like I'll be digging in the closet and dusting off a different hat today.... This my friends, does Not look good:
Love to you all & Have a wonderful Holiday!!
Jacey
No comments:
Post a Comment